Tuesday, January 9, 2007

About

I have a wonderful wife and 3 of the best kids in the world. I have a great job as a respiratory therapist and I love to write. I try to keep my stories pithy, entertaining and, most important, educational.

I will write about anything from my kids to history, philosophy and politics. I'm not an expert in any of these things, so there you have it: I admit my ignorance right off the bat.

Socrates would be proud of me.

I write because I have a passion for it, and because I love facts, history and I love to educate. Freadom Nation is my escape from being a respiratory therapist, husband and dad. It's where I get to run for President if I want.

But mostly I try to make sense of all the news and information thrown at us from all directions. Whether you agree with me or not, I try to tell the truth, except for when I'm making things up. I also like to make complicated things easy to understand.

I love it when my readers agree with me, and I accept the challenge from other POVs.

If do choose to debate me -- and I humbly accept the challenge -- please abide by the rules of debating, which I will list below:

The only way to make progress in this world we must debate; there is no way around it. To have a successful debate or discussion in the arena of ideas, we must stick to the issue at hand, and not sway from topic to topic.

It is also important that you do not attack people on a personal basis. Neither should you attack the person you are debating, nor the person responsible for the topic of discussion (i.e. President Bush, Ted Kennedy).

It must be noted here that most liberals view conservative thought as a lie, and the opposite is true of conservatives. This need not be mentioned in the debate.

Likewise, there is no way you can possibly know if someone is lying; only God knows what people are thinking. When someone becomes angry in a debate, or starts spewing vitriol and personal attacks, that person has lost the debate. So don't tell me Obama is a liar unless you have the facts to back it up.

Sticking to these simple rules will keep the debate on the issues, and should result in an educational experience. You may even change your mind on an issue or two, I have and probably will again thanks to you.

It's fine to become mad, but one should never become depressed because someone argues a ridiculous point-of view. Remember: IF YOU SHOW YOUR ANGER, YOU LOSE.

At the top of my blog I have a tabs section where you can attend classes to read and obtain the basic political and philosophical wisdom you need to survive.

In Journalism 101 I write about what journalsim is supposed to be like and what journalists are supposed to do.

In Economics 101 I write about the basics of the economy. I make it simple. Plus in this section I provide the true history of American Economics.

In Politics 101 I sort through all the major political issues of the day and make them easy to understand. We focus only on the facts here, and not our feelings.

In Parties 101 I will discuss the political parties and the different factions that vie for them.

In Healthcare 101 we tackle the healthcare debate.

In philosophy 101 we have fun with thinking.

No comments: