Sunday, May 1, 2011

How to respond to Rush Attacks

I have a couple friends who are liberals, and every time one of my conservative friends makes a valid conservative point, both my liberal friends say, "What? Did you hear that on Rush Limbaugh?"

I have yet to come up with a good response to that question, yet I've been thinking of one. I keep thinking of it because the next time we discuss politics, I'm confident someone will repeat that question. It's like clockwork.

I know why they ask it: it's because liberals have no facts to back up their point of view. They can't debate the issues, so they get angry, or they walk away, or they go on the attack. Since these are my friends, they don't want to call me stupid, so they try to discredit my sources.

Rush disproves liberal views, and therefore he is the enemy. He is wrong. He must be stopped. He must be taken off the air. He is a liar and an evil man.

So as I read the transcrips of the Limbaugh Show for October 30, 2010, I came up with a good response to that question. Actually, it was John Kerry who triggered a response by Rush. Kerry said:

"It's absurd. We've lost our minds. We're in a period of know-nothingism in the country, where truth and science and facts don't weigh in. It's all short-order, lowest common denominator, cheap-seat politics."

He blamed people like Fox News, Rush and Glenn Beck for brainwashing people into thinking progressive policies like Obama and Pelosi are pushing through Washington are bad for the country. And this is one of the reasons democrats are going to lose seats on November 2.

And even though democrats Control the White House and both Houses of Congress, and democrats also have a super majority so it doesn't even matter what republicans think, Kerry still blames republicans for holding up Obama's agenda.

Technically speaking, republicans don't even matter in Washington, yet Kerry still blames them. Kerry blames Rush. Kerry blames people like you and me because we know nothing and we teach "know-nothingness."

Basically, Kerry and democrats and my liberal friends think we are stupid because we can't think for ourselves; we have to be told by Rush how to think and what to say.

Rush said, "Well, why would anybody think that? Do you realize you people are not smart enough? You who can't find a job, you who cannot get a raise, you who see prices going up left and right, you who see what you see, you're not smart enough to know why it's happening! You have to be told by me."

Then he added: " This is where they have always misunderstood the reason, at least for my success. I don't know any others, but the reason for my success is that I validate what people already think. People are happy to listen to this show because there's somebody thinks like they do. Meaning they're not mind numbs robots out there. We do our own brand of education here. I mean this is the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies. I'm not denying that.

"But this is not a bunch of mind-numbed robots out there. This is smart smartest people and the thirstiest, hungriest for knowledge people out there, and they find it here."

What Limbaugh says here is exactly what I think I'm going to add as my new comeback. I'm going to say, "Rush doesn't teach me how to think, he basically validates what I already know. He provides me with methods of articulating my views."

Actually, Rush says we should just laugh it off. We should laugh it off because these people on the left who refuse to listen to anyone who has views opposite theirs are statists and totalitarians and authoratarians. "They just can't stand being rejected like this."

Liberals can't stand when you point out the truth, and the facts, because they have no argument. All they have left is to either go into attack mode, or to say something like, "Let's not discuss politics."

Then when you continue to discuss politics they get all huffy and mad and leave the room. Unless they have character, then they just get all huffy and mad.

Shying away from a good political discussion is the antethesis to the solution to the problems that ail this country. We should not avoid a good discussion becasue it's through our discussions in the arena of ideas where solutions are found.

1 comment:

Dion said...

"And even though democrats Control the White House and both Houses of Congress, and democrats also have a super majority so it doesn't even matter what republicans think, Kerry still blames republicans for holding up Obama's agenda.

Technically speaking, republicans don't even matter in Washington, yet Kerry still blames them."


Filibuster