Thursday, February 6, 2014

Is defending the Constitution doom and gloom?

A coworker of mine told me I was doom and gloom for saying that Obama has no respect for the U.S. Constitution.  My response was: "So when did defending the Constitution become doom and gloom?" 

I was irritated because Obama said if Congress does not act, he will use his pen and paper to get what he wants anyway.  In other words, he was willing to ignore the Constitution, ignore the rule of law, to get his way.  

She got all mad at me and stomped off into the distance.  We are good friends and all, but she has no facts to back up her argument, so she gets all mad and started calling me a liar.  It's like liberalism is a religion to her.  If you disprove her liberalism, you disprove her religion.  It's too bad.  

Just like dad and Mac, we hug and make up and be happy and get along thereafter.  But, still, it's a sad affair.  I have had this happen so many times now with different liberals, that I consider the debate won as soon as the liberal gets all mad and angry.  It used to bother me, but now it makes me feel happy.  

Ultimately, though, the result of someone like that getting angry is it makes it so no one wants to discuss politics with them anymore.  That, to me, is too bad.  I admire anyone who jumps into the arena and can hold it together.  Life, to me, gets boring and pointless if all you participate in is small talk.  IMO. 

No comments: