Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The alleged Huckabee/McCain alliance is working

Freadom Nation is under the belief that Huckabee has no chance to become the next president of the United States, and he had no chance to become the next president even before Super Tuesday. Not only that, but we believe he knew this.

Moreover, we believe that he and John McCain, in conjunction with an effort by the republican party establishment to prevent the more conservative Mitt Romney from becoming the republican nominee, have formed an alliance.

Huckabee has been very successful at receiving votes from religious conservatives, most of whom believe that abortion is murder and that Rowe versus Wade should be overturned, and believe that marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman.

Romney, on the other hand, has been very succesful at obtaining votes from the more fiscally conservative republicans, who believe that the economy is the number one issue, as Romney is thought to be an economic expert. He would most like work to cut spending and cut taxes, and to create an environment where people can solve their economic problems on their own.

Thus, with Huckabee staying in the race, he is splitting the conservative vote with Romney, allowing John McCain to sneak in victories in key states.

And this strategy of the republican establishment is working. And, according to the Associated Press, it is working: "In the competition that counted the most, the Arizona senator had 525 delegates, more than 40 percent of the 1,191 needed for the nomination—and far ahead of his rivals. "

McCain was the "underdog for months," but on Super Tuesday he pulled out a stunning victory in California and eight other states.

In an interview on CNN last night, Huckabee denied this alleged alliance. He also stated that "The one way you can't win a race is to quit it, and until somebody beats me, I'm going to answer the bell for every round of this fight."

He also said, "A lot of people have been trying to say this is a two man race, well, you know what, it is, and we're in it."

Or, in other words, there is no alliance. Again, we at Freadom Nation believe there is an effort here by the republican establishment to end the conservative movement, because this establishment believes conservatism is being rejected by the American people, and is not the way to win the White House in 2008.

As I've stated in a previous post, I believe that conservatism wins because conservatism stands for principles most Americans believe in, as was proven in the 1980 landslide by Ronald Reagan, who did not sway from championing conservatism all the way to whe White House.

So, at this juncture, I think it is imortant to define conservatism, why it is so important, why it is so important to keep the conservative movement going.

I will be going on vacation soon. If I don't find the time to do this before then, I will definitely do it when I return.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Rick I like your blog and enjoy your writing....I have a political blog myself and am out recruiting other bloggers to link up with....If you don't mind I will put a link to your blog on mine, thanks for the good read.........I also think they are in kahoots with eachother! thanks again Nikki

Rick Frea said...

Sounds like a great idea. I've been on a similar quest myself. I will likewise create a link to your blog.

Rick Frea said...

I guess I have to add here that since Romney is now out of the race, the alliance worked.