Sunday, July 3, 2011

Here's how Repubs can win in 2012

I think that republicans, particularly members of the tea party, should get together and decide how they are going to win back the presidency in 2012. I think the number one priority is to make sure there aren't two conservative candidates running against each other, and thus allowing for the opportunity for a progressive to slip through the cracks and be nominated.

I'm talking about during the primaries. We don't want one member of our party, particularly a moderate republican who's actually a progressive, slipping through the cracks. Likewise, we don't want to irritate any republicans, or tea party members, and thus encourage a third party. As what we need to do is control the republican party, and make the republican party better.

I think the best road of action here is for all republicans who have the potential to be candidates should get together behind closed doors and decide what the issues are that are most important to the people (not them so much) and what issues they are going to run on. Then they should pick among them the best candidate.

Sarah Palin has been a major success for conservatives and the tea party movement. She did very well on November 1, 2010. A great majority of the candidates she backed won. And this is why I think she should keep her job at Fox news, as as a champion for tea party candidates, and not run for President. I think the future of our country would be better off with her as a champion rather than as a candidate.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is a great candidate for president and I'd definitely vote for her, yet there are a large portion of people in this country who don't think she is qualified to be president not based on her principles but on her lack of executive experience.

As soon as anyone decides to run for President she or he is going to be ripped apart like a layered onion, and I don't want that to happen to Sarah. I want her to be a champion. I want her to help the President get elected. I think she can do it. I think we can have the President championing for himself, and Sarah championing also.

Likewise, I think it's important that we have a candidate who doesn't have a checkered past, has good principles, good values, is honest, and is a good public speaker. We likewise do not want someone who will stand up for his principles and won't sell out to buy votes.

Sarah is all that. But if we have another person who is all that with Sarah champion on the sidelines, we'd have a great chance at a landslide.

If Sarah runs, and someone says she doesn't have enough experience or is too divisive. I'd say Ronald Reagan was the same, and he won in a landslide. If they still think she's a bad candidate or any republican for that matter, I'd say, "Yeah, I agree. I'd rather have another 4 years of Obama."

I think you get the point.

No comments: