Monday, November 19, 2012

Could Romney have turned around the economy?

So my coworker the other day asked me:  "Do you actually think Romney could have turned the economy around, especially after the mess the guy before him made?"

I said, "Yes I do.  FDR was handed a recession, and he increased taxes and regulations and it turned into a 10 year long depression.  Obama was handed a recession, and he increased taxes and regulations and turned it into what we have now.  On the other hand, Warren G. Harding was handed a recession, and he cut taxes and cut regulations, and the result was the roaring 20s.  John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush did the same, and the result was a booming economy.  I know people don't want to believe this, but the economy of the 2000s was booming after the Bush tax cuts until democrats took over the House and Senate in 2006."


No comments: