Friday, December 7, 2012

It's not God's fault Obama got elected

After the election I was angry at God.  I even told him so.  Of course in the back of my mind I couldn't help thinking that there had to be a reason God let that Obama guy win.  After the election I felt aweful.  I wasn't depressed (or was I?) I was pissed off. 

I felt that aweful.  Then after a few days of cooling off, a few days of blocking out politics, I came to my senses.  I reminded myself of what I tell other doubters of God; other people who get angry with God when bad things happen.  I said, "God gave us the gift of life, but he doesn't control what we do with it."

In other words, God is a capitalist.  We are responsible for our own lives, and we alone have to deal with the benefits and consequences of our actions. If people want to elect a man who wants to take money from people who prosper and give it to people who don't, then we are going to have to live with the consequences.  It is not God's fault, it's our fault. 

God gave us the gift of America.  If we want to keep this nation, it is up to us to do that.

No comments: