Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The advantage of Obama's victories

So I have a friend at work who was trying to convince me that if the republicans in Congress would simply "work with the democrats" and not just oppose everything, then "something might get done."

I said the following:  "A Congress that does nothing is better than a Congress that does something stupid."

He said, "So what are you saying?" Actually, he didn't say that.  A liberal never asks you what you think, so you just have to blurt it out (and stay calm, because if you get mad you lose).

I said, "I'm a conservative because I believe the best way to solve a problem is to get the government out of the way.  This has been proven over and over by history.  It was proven in 1920, 1960, 1980 and 2000.  By doing something, both FDR and Obama prolonged recessions and depressions."

Of course he got mad and left the room, instead of discussing his view with me.  That's one of the advantages of losing the last two elections, I no longer feel I have to keep mum about my opinion.  I no longer feel like I'm gloating.  Since my liberal friends keep winning lately, I don't feel so bad stating my opinions, and stating facts.

Actually, after the election I was mad at God.  I said, "God, why did you let those bastards win?  Why do you want our country to go to hell?  I want you to show me what the advantage to me is of Obama winning?"

Well, now that I've been able to freely talk about politics without caring what my liberal friends think about it, I'm considering that my sign.  I think by allowing democrats to win the last two elections, and on healthcare reform, I'm no longer taciturn about my political beliefs.  And I can't tell you how good it is to get stuff off my chest.

No comments: